About Our Client
The client is a very large Insurance and Risk Management service provider based within the United States.They provide a number of insurance products and offerings and have agents in offices throughout the country.
- The customer was interested in working with an IT Software Developer for upgrading their current application used for training their insurance agents.
- The Education Division was seeking an interface best suited to function with an Oracle database for delivery of their in-house developed educational program.
- The customer needed data from their previous solution to migrate into the new enterprise database.
- LDAP integration with Customer’s user directory. Zeon created a mock-up application to understand live environment of customer’s website.
- Being an insurance and risk management company, the customer has strict security measures for testing which involved using the ‘HP Fortify 360’ Software Security Assurance (SSA) tool. Zeon’s application cleared this test.
- Highly governed development standards.
- The previous Education Tracking system was written in a technology that is set to sunset in the near future. There were many limitations on the transfer of current system data with new enterprise databases.
- The current application needed to be rewritten with the same functionality as the current application.
- A user interface portal with functionality including the welcome page, home page, program outline page, my process page, reporting page, etc.
- Role-based administration functionality to allow users of specified roles (i.e. corporate user, Manager, Instructor, Student etc.) to make only necessary modifications within the application. This would allow educational staff to change the tasks, or order of tasks on a school-by-school basis.
- Addition of new database tables allows the data storage to have a more robust and accurate reporting system.
- Application is self-managed i.e. client can launch new programs without being dependent on IT support.
- As a custom app development company, Zeon was able to provide product development services and best practices for a custom application that exceeded customer’s needs.
- Zeon created a Test design of the .NET framework education application which aligned with the user-interface expectations of customer.
- AJAX .NET based third party tool, telerik control was used to improve content input functionality.